The 2013 NGWA Summit — The National and International Conference on Groundwater that took place April 28-May 2 in San Antonio this year was one of the best yet. To all of you who attended — thank you for making this year’s conference such a success!
Click below to watch a quick video overview that puts into pictures some of the 2013 Summit highlights, which included:
- Attendance by more than 350 from 16 countries ranging from experienced and early career professionals to graduate and undergraduate students
- More than 190 presenters who offered 32 platform presentations in nine tracks, 25 posters in two sessions, two panel presentations, three guest lecturers, and daily discussion groups — click here to see the complete lineup
- A standing-room only Keynote Address by Charles Fishman, New York Times bestselling author of The Big Thirst, followed by a book signing
- Farvolden Awards presentations of $1,000 each to four students thanks to the philanthropic support of S.S. Papadopulos & Associates Inc.
- An optional field trip, hands-on event, and several short courses.
NGWA CEO Kevin McCray, CAE, succinctly summed up the success of the 2013 Summit with his statement — “I judge the value of a conference in part by the hallway conversations. They were many and robust in San Antonio.”
If you were unable to attend everything you wanted to — or had to miss the conference altogether — you can still do so…in a manner of speaking. Presentations from the 2013 Summit is now available online through the NGWA Event and Education Recordings Archive. While free to attendees, there is a nominal charge to others.
Thank you to our 2013 sponsors!